Thursday, April 2, 2009

6th Boom and Bust Journal

Assignment #4:
I believe that our environment needs to be preserved. We have valuable resources in this country, and they definitely need to be saved and recognized. If we don't have the foresight to save them now, it may be too late.
People always say that you never know what you have, until it's gone. I don't want this to be the case. I want Americans to recognize the importance of preserving our national lands and reaping the benefits of conservation. Not everyone has the same ideas I do, I realize that, but this is definitely a good idea.
Imagine, if the population continues to increase as it has in the next 50 years, there won't be any natural lands left. They will all be overrun by people and towns. At least now we have a definite way of protecting something. A piece of this land will remain. I believe that by preserving this land, we are preserving a piece of life as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment