Wednesday, April 1, 2009

4th Boom and Bust Journal

Assignment #3:
Naivety is a particularly annoying habit of mine. Without prior knowledge of strikes and labor unions, I would placidly agree to this speech given by the owner. Now, however, it would make me furious.
I don't particularly like people having more power than me. I don't like feeling used and vulnerable. If I were in this situation, I would feel vulnerable and very used. These people are only telling me this so that I won't fight for better working conditions. If they keep on telling me things like this I will get really infuriated.
I think that working together with your coworkers to make a better work environment, is a good thing. You have to work for some things in life. If you want to spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, without getting payed well, then don't fight. Listen to your boss, or listen to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment