Tuesday, March 17, 2009

6th Equality Journal

Our class discussion today brought up some interesting thoughts, especially regarding cultural differences. I mentioned this a little bit in one of my other journals, but I have some more thoughts on it now.
I made a comment about respecting other people's cultures and how if we all did this, we wouldn't have these stereotypes. I realize it is pretty naive of me to think that everyone could be respectful, but I can dare to hope.
If every person was raised to be respectful and understanding, our world would be totally different. Even if we didn't agree with other cultures, we could agree to respect them. This sense of respect would help to bring everyone to "find the common stake" that connects us all. Because, after all, "Nothing good ever came out of hate."

No comments:

Post a Comment